Such is Life

The Only Blog On The Internet Born Of Tabasco Sauce...

Saturday, January 27

it DID hurt when i fell from heaven

Today I felt the most excruciating physical pain I have ever experienced. Ev-er.

I fell extremely hard this morning, and ended up with a gash straight to my white bone. I made it inside before the blood leaked out of my ripped pants and into the tub. It was nasty. It was my left knee, but I drove my stickshift from Pillager to Urgent Care because it was way too bloody. Being that I was in Pillager, I made a bandage out of little bandaids and masking tape. Sweet. Anyway, so I called my mom while driving home and left a message on the machine: "Hi Mom, it's Julie and I know you don't want me to call while I'm driving but I cut my knee pretty deep and I am coming home to clean it up." Five minutes later I called and left another message: "Hi again. Blood is dripping down my leg so I'm going straight to urgent care. I have my insurance card. And my cell." Five minutes later: "Yeah, urgent care is full so I'm at the emergency room and my leg is throbbing."

After waiting for an extremely long time, I got in, got gravel picked out of my knee, got seven freakin novocaine shots in the bloody wound, two x-rays, and six stitches. The doctor told me that she's never given that many shots to anyone before, and that I have knees as hard as a carpet layer (I would have laughed if I didn't hurt so much). The worst part is that all those novocaine shots DIDN'T DO ANYTHING and I felt the needle pierce, the needle pull through, and the needle come out the other side for each stitch. I've rarely cried as hard as I did during that. My mother was there (eventually), the woman hates blood, and she was horrified. "I thought you were going to die," she told me. Yes, we lost Julie to the incision on her kneecap. She never even had a chance.

I will definately be posting pictures of my knee. It is sick.

2 Comments:

At 1/27/2007 9:31 PM, Blogger m_kummet said...

wow. i must ask how this happened...?

 
At 1/29/2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Jules said...

my adventurousness overpowering my common sense pretty much sums it up. and some frozen gravel, a hill, and some running and some ice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home