Such is Life

The Only Blog On The Internet Born Of Tabasco Sauce...

Monday, September 4

Anthropomorphism- It Makes Ants Happy

I heard today that Steve Irwin, AKA the Crocodile Hunter, died. Apparently he was filming a new special on dangerous animals, and as he swam above a stingray, it stabbed him in the chest.
"Gorgeous." The irony is killing me, although I'm sure no one else will get it.
Other than that, not a whole lot new here. This morning I made beds at my resort job for three hours- Julie and I of course got in trouble for not working fast enough. The funny thing is that when our employers get ticked off, they're the kind of people that smile bigger than usual while suggesting that we work just a little faster so we can keep up with everyone else. Wow. If you're ticked off at me, I'd rather you just say so, rather than acting like I'm just a poor misguided youth. I think I could kick their puppy and they would pat me on the back and say, "Honey, we'd prefer it if you would just pet the puppy next time... that's usually the way we do it around here."
After that I got to cut wood with my family. That was pretty routine... the only thing that was remotely interesting was that I hit my brother in the head with a flying piece of oak. Not hard, though.

3 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 5:48 PM, Blogger keuber said...

poor steve irwin. i heard it got him right in the heart.

you know what's equally as deadly?

alpha.

 
At 9/04/2006 11:25 PM, Blogger constant_k said...

Okay that's the second time I've heard that Steve Irwin's death by dangerous animal was ironic. So he had a dangerous job and it killed him. How is that ironic? If a coal minor dies in a collapse, is that irony?

I guess he did love the animals so it's little ironic that he was killed by what he loved, but still...

 
At 9/05/2006 5:44 PM, Blogger la rana said...

I was referring to it as irony more because Julie and I recently listened to a comedian talking about Steve Irwin and pretty much died (laughing). So I thought it was ironic that he should be in the news so soon afterward. I should stop posting inside jokes.
Julie always says I use "irony" wrong, but here's the definition I found, in my defense:
"a state of affairs or event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home