Such is Life

The Only Blog On The Internet Born Of Tabasco Sauce...

Friday, September 8

First... well, impressions anyway

I looked on Google to find quotes about "first impressions" that I could use on this blog, and found this:
The first time I passed through the country (Switzerland) I had the impression it was swept down with a broom from one end to the other every morning by housewives who dumped all the dirt in Italy
~Ernesto Sábato
Wow. Not exactly what I was reaching for, but it'll work.
Anyway, I know this is a rather hackneyed subject, but I thought I'd give my first thoughts on my teachers.

Mr. Pelkey: Tall, balding, Russian accents. Pretty good combination compared to, say, Blong's love of markers. And I think I'll always be grateful to Mr. Pelkey for finally satisfying my curiosity about how many licks it actually does take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

Mrs. Niemi: I know she has a great reputation, but so far I've walked out of every class going, "That woman is psycho!" She always sounds like she's angry about something, and it throws me off how her voice emphasizes the most random words. And the hand gestures...? Picture about 6 finger quotes with the word "multicolored." Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Still, I think I'll like her eventually.

Sra. Qualley: Definitely my favorite teacher so far. She's tiny and just sort of flits around the classroom like a chipmunk on crack. She is absolutely hilarious, and speaks Spanish at the perfect speed. I'm excited about this class.

Mr. Melby: It's Melby. Enough said. Nothing beats this affable and mustachioed legend.

Mrs. Lundgren: "OK! Sooo... Alright!"

Mr. Barnett: The man is a walking paradox. He appears to be a formidable Marine chiseled out of steel or perhaps discarded econ textbooks, but he has the voice of a Southern Yogi Bear. So confusing. And I have yet to figure out when the econ in econ class actually begins.

This will be an interesting year.

5 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Sister Christian said...

Interesting. Sounds like you got some random teachers, in all honesty. But, whatever, it sounds interesting.

 
At 9/08/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger la rana said...

woohoo! new record! longest post in Such Is Life history!

 
At 9/09/2006 10:12 AM, Blogger constant_k said...

who is deborah?

and that was your longest post? That's like a preamble to the average mustache post.

Barnett, Lundgren, Melby, and Pelkey are awesome.

 
At 9/09/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/09/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger m_kummet said...

"chipmunk on crack!" hahaha after day one I said to myself "she could run cicles around alver-eth!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home