Such is Life

The Only Blog On The Internet Born Of Tabasco Sauce...

Thursday, October 5

Oh, snap.

My arms are sore. Last night I played Can-Can with a bunch of sixth-graders (who are surprisingly tiny.) In Can-Can, everyone holds hands in a ring around this big barrel-shaped foam thing and tries to get everyone else to touch it. Touch the "can" or break hands with the people next to you, and you're out. Last one standing wins.
So although middle-schoolers are vicious (and hopped up on the "Q"), I would like to point out that in one of the rounds at least, the first five people out were those standing next to me. Yeah, bring it.
With a lack of anything better to blog about, I give you my top three pet peeves in the bathrooms of our beloved BHS:
  1. "Bathroom Limbo." Meaning a clump, herd, pack, gaggle, etc. of girls walks into the bathroom. One looks at the mirror and exclaims, "AHH!! My hair is AWFUL!!" Soon, a chorus of voices joins in. "You look fine. Look at how ugly my shirt is, and I'm fat!" "Oh yeah, well I didn't take a shower this morning and..." You get the picture. I call it "Bathroom Limbo" because the mentality seems to be how low your self esteem can go.
  2. Talking on your cell phone while using the bathroom. That's just wrong. Straight-up.
  3. Running into your friends. This places you in the socially awkward position of having to decide whether to stand there and carry on a conversation while they're in the stall and you're washing your hands, or pretend you didn't see them. My general rule is, the closer the friend, the longer I can talk to them in the bathroom.
Oh, and my favorite quote from please-kill-me-now econ class recently is:
"Hey! Did you know that Richard guy from Survivor is gay? I just found that out!"

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger keuber said...

no.

 
At 10/05/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger keuber said...

julia,

why are you always skipping 3rd hour?

"it's just not the same..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home