Such is Life

The Only Blog On The Internet Born Of Tabasco Sauce...

Thursday, October 12

Ho ho, sir surgeon...

Wow. It's been almost a week since we've posted on here. Sorry.
There's not much to blog about, though. Tuesday night I hung out with Bethie and I finally got to visit the infamous (S)lum Park. I was actually a little disappointed- I expected more meth addicts- but it was still pretty... East Brainerd-ish. Then we went to her house and drank tea. Fascinating.
Last night I played some hardcore dodgeball and got taken out by sixth-graders at least a dozen times. Definitely a blow to the ego, especially when the kids don't reach my waist.
Tonight I went into Pet North to get some fish, and I was thinking about how fun it would be to work there. Granted, it smells a little and I would probably get some interesting skin diseases (can you get leprosy from a chinchilla?), but it would be so much fun. They have some amazing snakes in there, and I imagine that when there's no customers in the store the employees have illicit cricket/cockatoo/turtle races. Dang, that would be fun. Or you could torment the kittens with the hamsters. There's just way too much possibility in a pet store.
This weekend I'm going to a little town in Wisconsin where my mom grew up. It's my absolute favorite place on earth, so you'll probably hear about it when I get back.
Quote of the day: Mick and I were talking about the heavy necklace I was wearing and I mentioned that I felt like it was strangling me. He was like, "You should wear a turtleneck sweater and a backpack some day, and then it will feel like there's a midget strangling you all day!"
I also thought it was funny that he got two letters from the U of M: one addressed to Mr. Mick B., and the other to Ms. Michele B. Ouch.

2 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Shelty said...

Aww, you should leave the kittens alone, Rachel. They've never done anything to hurt you! I don't think, anyway...

 
At 10/13/2006 7:06 PM, Blogger Kelsi said...

I wonder how many times in his life, under name circumstances, people have said "poor" and "Mick" together in the same sentence.

Shel and I say it a lot. And we're his friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home